LIFE STORY OF A ENTREPRENEUR
Malika Datt Sadani
- 1. Malika’s run towards her dream started in 2016 when she launched her startup Amishi Consumer Technologies Pvt Ltd with Rs 15 lakh.
- 2. She hit the market with new anti-stretch mark creams, products for breastfeeding, and face and hair care products.
- 3. She is selling these products under the brand name The Moms Co.
- 4. The idea of starting her own startup came when she searched for some good baby products for her daughter.
- RISE OF THE MOMS CO.
- 1. The company’s first-year turnover was 2 Lakh, which jumped to Rs 24 lakh the next year and then started growing at a 3x rate annually.
- 2. Today this company offers a wide range of products, including skincare products for newborns and new moms.
- 3. Today there are 54 employees working for The Moms Co in a co-working space, headquartered in Gurugram.
- 4. In September 2017, the company raised a funding of USD 1 million (Rs 6.5 crore) in Series A funding co-led by DSG Consumer and Saama Capital.
- 5. Her most cherished moment was when she was at a mall and a woman walked up to her and thanked her for her products.