Byju Raveendran Story To Become 3rd Richest Education Entrepreneur
Byju’s has become one of the best companies in the education sector. The company offers students an online video-based learning program.
In the year 2018, Byjus became an ed-tech unicorn with 15 million users. Moreover, in July 2019 the company won sponsorship rights Indian cricket team jersey. It was founded in the year 2011 by Byju Raveendran, Divya Gokulnath, and a group of students. Later, in the year 2018 Byju Raveendran won the EY Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
Awards Won By Byjus
- CNBC TV18 CRISIL Emerging India Award (Education)
- Wharton Reimagine Education Overall Ed Tech Award (Best Educational App)
- VCCircle Awards (Education company of the year)
- Future of India Awards
- Global Mobile App Summit & Awards (Education)
- CNBC TV18 India Business Leader Awards (Young Turk of the Year)
- Business Standard Annual Awards for Corporate Excellence
- Financial Times/ArcelorMittal Boldness in Business Award
- Boston Consulting Group Tech Challengers
- Time 100 Most Influential Companies
Byju Raveendran Story
In the year 2006, Byju was giving mathematics coaching to the students. Byju started his journey in 2011 by establishing a platform called ‘Think and Learn’. Later in the year 2013, in a Series A round of funding he managed to raise 9 million dollars. Then in the year 2015, Raveendran launched the platform named Byjus. It gets massive growth in just 3 months of launching, as it gets 20 lakhs users.
Also Read: Is Regulating IPOs Necessary?
Moreover, it also began to train the students who appear in India’s most competitive exams. Also, it launched BYJU’S Future School, and right now more the 60% of students are from rural areas.
connect with us on social media [ Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn ] to get real-time updates on the market. Entrepreneurs Diaries is now available on Telegram. Join our telegram channel to get instant updates from ED.